I found the paper manipulation exercises rather entertaining and informative, it was surprising to see how even the smallest/simplest folds could create such dynamic patterns. However it also revealed to me how primitive my skills in this area are as I struggled at first to create anything substantial, but I do feel that with a little practise I was able to create some interesting patters which combine various folding and cutting techniques. These patterns paired with some bold dynamic lightning I feel did result in some good quality photos overall.
Similarly to the paper manipulation tasks I also struggled heavily in the initial stages of this task, generally due to ignorance and a general lack of understanding of the methods and procedures necessary to execute the required what was being asked. This was something completely new to me so every step was informative to me and helped to develop a new skill, for example this was the first time I'd ever had to stitch into paper and unfortunately I feel it shows in the final outcome, although I'd argue that all three of my books share that general roughness due to inexperience. However despite struggling with this task I feel that by the third book I had progressed significantly and some of the techniques were definitely easier to perform, for example when I had to trim the page creep at the end it was generally much smoother and neater than in my first book. Overall although this task overall was very frustrating I'm glad that I did it due to what it allowed me do try and the skills and techniques which, although still very rough right now, it taught me.
I feel that this task was the easiest for me mainly due to it mainly involving specific measurements and folding nets rather than intricate cuts, being able to map out and visualise the entire shape did make the procedure generally much easier and smoother overall which made it the most enjoyable out of all the tasks. However despite its simplicity there were still some hurdles mainly in when it came to gluing the sides together, achieving a smooth and even edge was harder than I expected.
This set of tasks sort of acted as an intermediate level of difficulty for me, on the one hand the window mounting tasks were fairly simple whereas the process of making the 'R' was a whole other story. The combination of intricate cuts paired with having to fold delicate tabs in hard to reach places and my overall lack of ability resulted in a very rough final product, however as a first attempt it does meet most of the requirements its just fairly rough around all the edges. The window mounting task was fairly simple although it was slightly harder than expected although that was mainly down to the incorrect methods used during the construction process. Rather than angling the blade to create a smooth 45 degree angled cut I instead opted to trim the edges on a gradient as at the time it seemed simple to do, however when looking back it would have been much more effective to simply angle the blade.
The 'shop' task was fairly simple to do as I measured out the letters to the required dimensions then cut them out as accurately as I could, the mounting process is slightly rough as some letters aren't as level as id like but they're not drastically out of proportion so the overall integrity of the work still remains. The postcard mounting was the simplest out of the three as I measured out the dimensions of the postcard and calculated how much excess space Id need to fit six of them on the main sheet of card, after everything had been measured out it was a simple matter of bonding them to the paper, however they did slightly shift whilst drying which resulted in some of the cards being off centred.